This is a partial list of the type of injections that can diagnose and possibly treat chronic pain.
- Selective Spinal Nerve Block
- Facet joint intra-articular block
- Medial branch blocks
- Lumbar Provocation Discography (with intradiscal pressure monitoring)
- Epidural Steroid Injections (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Caudal catheter directed epidural steroid injection
- Peripheral Nerve Block
- Lumbar Sympathetic nerve block
- Stellate ganglion block
- Celiac Plexus nerve block (CT guided)
- Superior Hypogastric plexus block (CT guided)
- Inferior Hypogastric Plexus block (CT guided)
- Ganglion Impar block
All of these are performed using imaging such as xray fluoroscope, ultrasound or CT.
If these methods do not provide successful, long duration pain relief, then Advanced Pain Therapies can be tested.