Want pain relief? Acute pain can be severe, but typically lasts less than 6 months. Chronic pain may last for weeks, months, or even years. Chronic pain may arise from an injury, or there may be an ongoing cause, such as disease. Led by Dr. Stephen Boyajian and Dr. Kenneth Rogers, Advanced Pain Consultants (located in Voorhees, NJ) offers treatments for all types of pain. Read on to learn about different types of pain management treatment.
1. Medication: Pain management specialists are doctors who treat different types of pain. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) such as naproxen (Aleve) or ibuprofen (Advil) may help ease your pain. If your pain doesn't improve with over-the-counter painkillers, your doctor in Voorhees, NJ, may prescribe other medications.
2. Nerve Blocks: When your pain does not respond to conservative treatment options, your healthcare provider can provide a second line of therapy. Nerve blocks are procedures that can help manage and prevent many different types of pain. A nerve block can be performed to interrupt how pain signals are sent to your brain with relief ranging anywhere from a few hours to several months.
3. Spinal Cord Stimulation: Spinal cord stimulation is an effective pain treatment that can help you better manage your pain. A spinal cord stimulator device is surgically placed under your skin and sends an electric current to your spinal cord. It may be an option if you're suffering from chronic arm, leg, or back pain and have not found relief with nonsurgical treatments.
4. Trigger Point Injections: Trigger points are painful “knots” in your muscles. They form when muscles can't relax. A trigger point injection is a treatment that can help to ease muscle pain, especially in your neck, back, lower legs, and arms. It is also used to treat tension headaches, fibromyalgia, and myofascial pain. This treatment involves the injection of medicine directly into the trigger points. In most cases, the pain may be lessened for up to a few months.
5. Massage Therapy: Many pain management specialists offer massage therapy to treat pain. Therapeutic massage involves manipulating the soft tissues of the body to reduce stiffness and alleviate pain, stress, and muscle spasms. People have reported that massage therapy helps with sports injuries, sciatica, tennis elbow, platar fasciitis, and fibromyalgia. Research has shown that massage therapy has the same pain-relieving effect as over-the-counter pain medications.
If you want freedom from pain, call Advanced Pain Consultants at (856) 489-9822 right now to schedule an appointment in Voorhees, NJ. Our treatments bring real relief to pain sufferers. You will experience exemplary service and state-of-the-art care at Advanced Pain Consultants!